So let’s start by explaining what color blocking is exactly. Color blocking is wearing blocks of colors bright and bold colors.
Tips for women
- The louder the better; loud pops of color, be bold and fab.
- Clashy attire only; don’t be afraid to clash colors they don’t have to coordinate all the time. Try pink and red, navy and black.
- Keep it simple; neutral accessories, grey is the new neutral either shoes or accessories.
- 3’s a charm; stick to 2 or 3 colors max anymore than that you’ll look like a rubix cube.
Stay away from prints, they may take away the blocked visual.
Tips for men
- Wear suitable colors close to your face, knowing what colors work best for you will ensure a successful look.
- Stay in your lane by selecting a shirt, sweater or jacket colors that compliment personal coloring. ( colors near your face should stay warm. Unflattering colors can affect your appearance )
- Incorporate neutral colors; incorporate brown accessories like a hat, belt and shoes up against a vibrant green or yellow combo. Neutrals also remove attention from body parts you want to downplay.
- Understanding colors and how to use the right colors is the key to color blocking.